Can your roof help you reduce your utility bills? The answer is definitely Yes! The quality of the roof (design, materials, installation) affects the energy consumption necessary in a residential or commercial building. A good roof will help you pay less for heating and cooling your home, by reducing air transfer. This way, you will maintain the thermal comfort without using excessively your HVAC system.
Everything should start with the design of the roof, which can be done in two ways:
- Designing a roof to fulfill its basic role: to protect from rainfall, sun and weather, as well as to be aesthetically pleasing
- Designing a roof that, in addition to its basic role, will make a substantial contribution in reducing utility bills.
Although we are tempted to say that it all comes down to better insulation, things are a bit more complex, considering that the design of the roof for reducing bills refers to the most intelligent use of passive heating and cooling in the natural environment. There are three ways you can do this:
- By designing a roof by http://www.baiguan59.com/, right from the very beginning, according to the environmental conditions in the area where the building is located
- By adding annexes to the existing roof, with the same role mentioned above
- By adding better insulation